I already love LIPTEMBER and it has only just started. I’ll take any excuse to wear lipstick and this is a great one, allowing you feel good whilst helping others. Women’s mental health is close to my heart. Having toddler twins is not easy and I admit, I have been feeling a little ‘meh’ recently. Literally last night I saw a chance to ‘kiss away the blues’ and join LIPTEMBER so I jumped on it and made a pledge.
What Is Liptember?
Here at Liptember, we are a demographically and socially diverse group of women and men committed to raising awareness of women’s health equity and funding to create long-term support.
They aim to improve the health of Australian women, you can find out more at liptember.com.au.
About Women’s Mental Health
Here is some food for thought:
- Postnatal depression affects 15% of women within the first year after childbirth (triple that for a multiple births).
- One in three Australian women will suffer depression or anxiety during their lifetime.
This last point is a great reason for joining LIPTEMBER, as you can see this all on their website:
- Research, support programs, and prevention strategies are more effective when applied with a gender lens.
A Personal Note On Mental Health
As this campaign is all about raising awareness and removing the stigma of mental health, here is why I joined LIPTEMBER. I was feeling ‘blue’ when I found this campaign. For the most part, besides coming out of Winter (and trouble finding the right contraceptive pill) it was for no particular reason. It is so hard to pin down what or why, you can’t see your deamons, doubt, the things that eat you up inside, so how can it be defined? Perhaps that’s why it is not so freely discussed. Even when I am feeling depressed, I find the best way to deal with it is to talk through it, with anyone who will lend an ear, so I loved this initiative.
I became acutely aware of my mental state after having twins as it was such a dramatic change in my life, from worker bee to mama bear. I was lucky enough to have a great support network who helped me through hard times and I was okay, but a few of those friends and family do struggle. Some I have lost because of mental health issues. I can’t believe how stigmatized it still is and I want to support the cause and have my kids growing up with a little more awareness and easy access to support if needed.
How Can You Act
I found LIPTEMBER in the nick of time and signed up right away to join the campaign. There are so many ways you can participate.
- Wear a beautiful bold Lipstick throughout September!
- Find a special LIPTEMBER lipstick from any Chemist Warehouse, My Chemist or My Beauty Spot store – all proceeds go towards the cause.
- Register online or head HERE and make a donation & go in the running to win $300 worth of lip products as a bonus giveaway!
I have pledged here to raise $300 for LIPTEMBER, an achievable goal of raising $10 a day. Plus, I have put together an amazing prize pack of lip products worth about $300. For your chance to win, simply donate via this link to LIPTEMBER
Of course, I will be sure to have a fabulous colour on my lips everyday – even if it is just to get a coffee, and I am in my activewear with the twins screaming. I will let it be known that it’s for LIPTEMBER and do my bit to erase the stigma, support my gals, and raise awareness of Women’s Mental health, including what you can do to deal with it.
Where It All Ends Up
Liptember prize pack T&Cs:
- Open to Australian & New Zealand residents only
- You must be over the age of 16 or have your parents permission to enter
- Total prize RRP value is over $250
- TGM has the right to change prize given any unforeseen circumstances.
- Each account who comments and tags 2 other valid accounts will go into the draw.
- Additionally, each person who donates to this link: https://www.liptember.com.au/sammy-houben Will be entered into the draw. Every dollar donated will be an additional entry into the draw.
- The potential entries are limitless as you are welcome to donate as much as you like.
- Competition closes 12am midnight on September 30th, 2017. A winner will be drawn the following day and posted on @theglowmanifesto’s Instagram story as well as being notified by Direct Instagram message. Winner will have 48 hours to accept their prize or a new winner will be selected.
- The winner will be randomly selected
- Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
Update: Thank you so much to everyone who entered, we Have A WINNER! Congratulations @missionwellbeing You are the lucky winner of the Liptember giveaway. Thank you so much for your support